Here is a powerful offer for all buyers: OFF-MARKET PROPERTIES! NOT AVAILABLE ON THE MLS!
In the recent Mastermind Meeting, GREATER PROPERTY GROUP Managing Partners Nathan Singh and David Morrell talked about off-market properties, which can be the strongest offer you can give a buyer.
Off-market properties are properties that are not on the MLS (multiple listing service).
“There are thousands of agents trying to get transactions, so what differentiates you? You want to be the agent with the listings of properties that the other agents don’t have,” said David.
To emphasize the competition, David said there are around 50,000 real estate agents in Toronto alone. In Vancouver, there are around 20,000, and some 6,000 in Calgary. There are thousands more in other cities.
Despite the abundance of real estate agents, some prefer not to hire one.
Nathan said that they may not want to talk to an agent or Realtor, but if you could tell them that you have access to properties that are not on the MLS, they will surely listen.
“They don’t care about the Realtor, they just want the house,” said Nathan.
Is it a bait though? Absolutely not!
“Off-market properties have a mystical sound to it in the Realtor’s mind. If you think about it, you have those,” Nathan told the GPG agents in the Mastermind Meeting.
Off-market properties could be any of the following:
- Private sales
- Pocket listings
- Distress sales
- Homes that have been removed from the market but are still owned by motivated sellers
- GPG agents have access to the in-house database with thousands of leads on houses for sale: the sellers-in-waiting list.
Other topics were also discussed during the regular Mastermind Meeting, which started with a short video of Tom Ferry, the #1 ranked real estate coach, talking about people having 40% more in them to work more and do better.
Here are the things tackled during the GPG Mastermind:
- Tom Ferry: Everybody’s got 40% more. You could love your spouse 40% more. You could walk your dog 40% more. You can do 40% more videos. You can make 40% more calls.
- Script to prevent buyer-appointment cancellations. Format: greeting – offer – appointment confirmation.
- Off-market properties can be the strongest offer you can give a buyer.
- When dealing with properties that have expired or have been withdrawn from the list, you could get in touch with the previous Realtor.
- Don’t discount actual work including knocking on doors.
- Every listing you get is off the market for a few days before it hits the MLS.
The meeting ended with the announcement that Jay Macklin, co-founder and designated broker of Corcoran Platinum Living, will be holding a marketing workshop for agents on Nov. 2.
Don’t miss an episode of Mastermind, our virtual training event where you get expert advice on how to succeed in your field of work and in life.
Sign up here : www.greaterpropertygroup.com/event-calendar
You may also contact us through the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-800-899-1217
- Website: www.greaterpropertygroup.com